Thursday, September 24, 2009

Taken

"You cannot take anything from me that I will more willingly part withal-except my life, except my life, except my life." (hamlet.2.2.233-235)

The main character in Taken will do anything to get his daughter back, even if it means risking his life. Both Hamlet and the main character in Taken have had something taken from them. Hamlet had his dad and throne taken from him and the main character in Taken had his daughter taken from him. And they are both fighting to get back what they feel is rightfully theirs.

Do you think it is ok for either character to take revenge for the events that has happened to them?
Would you have sought out revenge if these things happened to you? If no why not, if yes what would you have done the same or different?

Pregnant: full of meaning.