Thursday, April 29, 2010

Iago

PG. 125"For Michael Cassio, I dare be sworn I think that he is honest." This quote shows how dishonest and deceitful Iago is, because really he doesn't like Iago or think he's honest at all. Translated this quote basically just means that Iago is trying to say that he believes that Michael Cassio is honest. Actually he has been setting Cassio up and got him drunk so he would get demoted from lieutenant. This quote stood out to me because it's one of the only quotes that I really understand fully. This quote might help me predict something Iago might do in the future because now that I know that he is willing to lie to Othello about Cassio maybe he'll lie about some other things too like Desdemona's hankerchief...

PG. 97"I had rather have this tongue cut from my mouth Than it should do offense to Michael Cassio." once again this quote connects to theme of deceit because he once again is lying about respecting Michael Cassio when really he would probably kill him if he wanted to. Translated the quote means that he would rather have his tongue cut off then to use it to talk bad about Cassio. This quote tells us something about Iago's personality, that he's a liar. This quote stood out to me because it also was one of the only texts I really could understand completely.