Wednesday, November 26, 2008

12-26-08

From Page 240 to Page 249

The vocabulary word for the day is:
Auspice = Forecast or omen

The quote of the day is from Seward's Diary but said to Renfield by Mina:
" 'Goodbye, and I hope I may see you often, under auspices pleasanter to yourself,' to which, to my astonishment, he replied: - " (p. 247)

Arthur and Mina think of themselves as brothers and sisters because Lucy died and Arthur was Lucy's fiance and Mina was Lucy's bestfriend and they both feel close to each other because of the death of Lucy and Mina was trying to be helpful.

Mr. Godalming and Morris visit Harker and his wonderful wife's home and studied the transcript of the various diaries and letters which Harker and his wife had made and arranged. Dr. Seward ask to see the patient Dr. Renfield.

I would comment on the pages we read in the book today but I can't understand what exactly is going on but I can say that I think Arthur and Mina will have a beautiful friendship because they had something in common that they loved and lost and that common was Lucy, Mina was the bestfriend and Arthur was the husband


A.M.J