Monday, April 25, 2011

love of a sibling .



" He must go." Cried Gregor's sister, "That's the only solution, father. You must try to get rid of the idea that this is Gregor... Just look father." pg 1143.

Gregor lived for his sister. He worked all day, to support his family and to put his sister through college. For the one person that he lived for, doesn't believe in him anymore. So why would you want to live? No one seems to care about him anymore. I wouldn't have the strength to live alone, so I see why Gregor didn't.

For me and for Gregor, my siblings are my life. If they didn't care about me anymore, or tell my grandma that "I must go." I think i would be very upset and not want to go on any longer, especially if i was in a position like Gregor. I think Gregor would never overcome this struggle because his sister is the main person he cares about, and that's lifelong. Same for me, I don't think I could ever overcome one of my siblings not caring about me anymore.

I think Franz Kafka believed in life, especially if you have a purpose. I think Kafka believed in his purpose of giving other people a bright future or the caring for other people. Like Gregor, he lived to give his sister a better life, and without her he was nothing.

Before Gregor died, I think that if his family wouldn't have hurt him or abandoned him. He would have tried to live. Especially if his sister wouldn't have said "He must go." Because she was the main person that was there for him and was trying to do things for him like feed him. Maybe if they would have found out that he was a dung beetle earlier, they could have helped him live.