Monday, October 26, 2009

One Tree Hill Tragedy

Creon: yes, it’s my wrong doing.
I know the joy they gave you all these years, the joy you must feel now.
(said when banish him from the city with his daughter)

I think this is tragic because Creon is banishing Oedipus from the city and he is letting him take his daughter with him and he has to be happy about that so he is not alone and so his daughter does not get tormented.

Have you ever seen the T.V show one tree hill? I have many times reading the quote I picked reminded me of an episode of one tree hill, were this kind was being teased and tormented because he expressed his feeling in a time capsule which they did for a class and some one released it, and he said some pretty harsh things but sadly it was the truth. But because some one relsaed it people wanted him to leave. He couldn’t take it any more so he shot up the school he later kills him self. This quote reminded me of him his name was jimmy,. If this quote was said for jimmy I think it would have instead of talking about being happy it would talk about sadness. but this quote could allso have the same mean but if kids were more nice to him and told him to leave the school in this case vs driving the kid to madness to later kill him left from the pain